Request a Letter of Invitation


If you plan to attend APCOM from outside the United States, a U.S. visa may be required. For the best conference travel experience, begin your preparations early.


Please fill out the following form in its entirety. We will review your request and follow up with you as soon as possible.


Or send to: SME Meetings Dept. 12999 E. Adam Aircraft Circle, Englewood, CO 80112 USA Obtain a Visa or ESTA Determine if you need a visa or if you are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Attendees needing a Visa If you need a visa to attend APCOM, be sure to apply for the right kind of visitor visa. This is typically a B1 visa to “Attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference for a business visit.” You will need: a current machine-readable passport,

an in-person interview with the U.S. State Department consulate or embassy in the country where you live,

and a letter of invitation from SME to APCOM.


Attendees utilizing ESTA

You may travel to the U.S. for 90 days or less without obtaining a U.S. visa, if you’re a citizen of one of the 38 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program. You must have valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval before travel. ESTA requires all international travelers to register in an online database and must complete an application on the ESTA website.

Note: SME cannot intervene on your behalf with the Embassy or U.S. Consulate via fax, phone, surface mail, or email. The U.S. State Department provides information on traveling to the United States regarding passports, international travel, and visas.


Interview Tips

Bring all supporting materials related to APCOM to your interview, including your Letter of Invitation, hotel and plane reservation confirmations, conference agenda and any other documentation supporting your participation in the event. Tips: Be prepared to demonstrate strong ties to your country. Consular officers review your application and consider proof of business ownership or employment, social and family relationships and other evidence as proof that you will return to your country. Previous travel to the U.S. or other foreign countries demonstrate good faith.


Helpful Resources:

Visit to learn more about SME’s various membership opportunities